This is Garlic and Lemon Chicken recipe is the kind of dinner I make again and again at home. The combination of flavours is just sublime and it really takes no time at all to prepare.
– 3 tbsp lemon rapeseed oil
– 4 shallots, peeled and halved
– 2 large garlic bulbs, halved
– 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
– 1 lemon, cut in half lengthways and sliced
– 4 fresh thyme sprigs
– sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
– lightly dressed rocket and green bean salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/gas mark 4).
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the lemon rapeseed oil in a nonstick frying pan over a low heat. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes, until they begin to catch some colour. Transfer to a small roasting tin.
3. Increase the heat under the frying pan to high, add another tablespoon of the oil and quickly seal the chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side, until browned.
4.Transfer the chicken breasts to the small roasting tin, tucking them around the shallots and garlic, then tuck in the lemon slices and thyme sprigs. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the remaining tablespoon of the lemon rapeseed oil. Place in the oven for 15–20 minutes, until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
5. Remove the chicken from the oven and cover loosely with foil for 5 minutes to allow the chicken to rest, then serve straight to the table with the rocket and green bean salad.
‘The Nations Favourite Healthy Food’ is the latest book by chef Neven Maguire. Since Neven took over the family business in 2001, MacNean House & Restaurant has been consistently winning awards for its food, service, wine offer and overall dining experience. In addition to his Neven Maguire Cookery School, where Neven presents a range of exciting cookery classes for all skill levels, he has also launched his exclusive ‘The Chef’s Table’ dining experience. Hosted in the beautiful and private surrounds of his cookery school, Neven and his team cook in front of diners and present the restaurant’s acclaimed Tasting Menu. Accompanying wines are presented and served by the restaurant’s sommelier. Visit nevenmaguire.com for more information.