I dread to think just how many times I have made French toast, it’s probably beyond normal, and I’m ok with that. I do change up the sauce for these French Toast bites – you can just use a chocolate hazelnut spread or even a berry compote instead of the speculoos if you want to take your French toast to a whole new level.
290 cals per serving
- 1 good sourdough loaf or bread of your choice
- 2 eggs, beaten 200ml milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon low-calorie oil spray
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp smooth speculoos spread (I use Biscoff)
- Cut up the sourdough or bread of choice into chunks – you can get rid of the crust if you prefer it softer.
- Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Dip the bread chunks into the mixture to lightly coat, shake off the excess, then spray really well with the low-calorie oil and air-fry at 190°C for 6–7 minutes.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with the sugar.
- Melt the Biscoff spread in a microwaveable bowl in the microwave for 50–60 seconds, then drizzle over the toast bites.
Bored of Lunch: The Healthy Air Fryer Book
Nathan Anthony is the no.1 bestselling author and creator of hit food platform Bored of Lunch. Nathan is a Northern Irish home cook who set up his food blog during lockdown to get people cooking, eating healthier and give them something to focus on during the pandemic. By day Nathan works at a FTSE100 company so cooks in a way to suit his hectic schedule. Initially aimed at busy professionals this quickly expanded to all those working from home, busy parents and those who want quick, calorie-controlled recipes. Bored of Lunch now has 2.4 million followers across all platforms.
French Toast Bites Recipe by Nathan Anthony – Bored of Lunch