Food Works Seek Ambitious Food Start-Ups to Join Leading Accelerator Programme
Food Works, Ireland’s leading accelerator programme for food and drink start-ups, are on the hunt for high potential start-up food teams with a strong business idea to take part in Food Works 2017.
The programme run by Bord Bia, Enterprise Ireland and Teagasc aims to foster and encourage new product ideas which satisfy a genuine market need and supporting the growth of the Irish food industry on a global scale.
Since 2012, Food Works has worked with almost 70 start-ups, achieving incredible success in that time:
– One in five have already achieved export success
– €1.5m was generated in export sales in 2016 alone
– Global markets reached span four continents: Europe, Africa, Asia and North America
– Over €2 million in funding from Enterprise Ireland has been secured
The intensive programme includes guidance for successful participants from the initial concept phase through to the development of a winning food product with international appeal and global export potential.
The 2016 Food Works programme featured eight start-up food and drinks companies. Four of these are trading, three are ready to launch and one is still in development.
Alison Cummins, co-founder of the Wicked Food Company took part in 2016 and said: “Foodworks for us was an absolute game-changer. To have the support of the three agencies was phenomenal and invaluable to our business. We have no doubt that with their help and backing the sky is the limit for us.”
Individuals or companies who would like to learn more about the Food Works programme are asked to register for an introductory meeting on www.foodworksireland.ie in advance of completing a formal application.
A series of regional meetings with the Food Works team are scheduled in the following locations over the next three months:
– Dublin Tuesday, March 28th 2017
– Dundalk Tuesday, April 18th 2017
– Galway Tuesday, April 25th 2017
– Dublin Tuesday, May 16th 2017
– Cork Tuesday, June 6th 2017
– Dublin Tuesday, June 27th 2017
For further information on Food Works visit foodworksireland.ie