Flourless Dark Chocolate Soufflés Recipe by The Little Green Spoon
Destined to wow at dinner parties and delight at celebrations; these are the ultimate dessert. Devilishly rich but virtuously light, they’re the perfect size, leaving you wanting one more bite but still gorgeously satisfied. Pop them in the oven at the last minute and serve these little pots of heaven hot. Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Paleo
– 3 Tablespoons of Almond Milk
– 6 Tablespoons of Coconut sugar
– 120g of Dark Chocolate
– 2 Egg Yolks
– 3 Egg Whites
1. Heat the almond milk and 2 tablespoons of the coconut sugar on medium heat until all the sugar dissolves.
2. Then stir in the chocolate until melted. Take it off the heat and let it cool for a few minutes. While it’s cooling, grease your ramekins with a little coconut oil.
3. Add in the egg yolks and stir until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Then whisk in the last 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar and continuing beating until stiff peaks form.
5. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Pour the mixture into the ramekins and bake at 180’C for about 17 minutes until the soufflés have risen and the tops have started to crisp a little.
6. Take out and serve hot with a drizzle of coconut milk and some fresh berries.
I’m studying business at Trinity College Dublin but my real passion is food, real honest to goodness, healthy food. The easier it is to eat well, the more likely you are to look after yourself – and the people around you.
My cooking isn’t about giving up things, least of all taste. It’s about embracing natural, nutritious and nourishing foods.
I’m constantly experimenting to develop new recipes and put a healthy twist on some old favorites. My recipes are nutrient-rich, gluten free and refined sugar free, with many paleo, dairy free and vegan options.