Super Easy Vegan Ramen Recipe by Finn Ni Fhaolain
This is something easy, something tasty, something lazy!
Perfect for when you’re working from home. I’ve been making it probably a few times a week. Think pot noodle with a healthy makeover or the baby brother of your favourite Wagamamas ramen.
- 1 vermicelli rice noodles nest of
- 1-2 chestnut mushrooms cut super super thin
- 1/2 scallion diced super thin
- 1/4 red chilli if you like some heat or pinch of red chilli flakes
- tofu pieces or cubes from a bigger block, flavoured tofu is nicest for this! A handful of seasoned
- 1/2 sliced carrot very thinly
- bok choi You can also add a handful of sliced greens like bok choi or rainbow chard if you have them
- Fresh coriander or lemon balm
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Simply add all broth ingredients to a little container and shake. Set aside.
- Add all base and garnish ingredients to a Tupperware, if you have a bigger one there should be room to squeeze in the broth container too. (You can put the garnish in a separate container if you want to add it after, for a more aesthetically pleasing bowl).
- When you want to “cook” your ramen simply add the broth ingredients to the Tupperware and add boiling water (less if you want it soup-y more for a broth).
- Cover and let sit for 3-5 minutes till the mushrooms have cooked and the noodles have soaked.
- Voila super delicious, super tasty lunch on the go. Its takes 5-10 mins to prep the night before and only requires boiling water to make at your desk! Feel free to play with ingredients and mix and match for what you like.
Finn is a marine scientist, an author and foodie, passionate about the environment, low impact travel and how to help people live more sustainably. Finn lives, surfs, works and plays in the little seaside town of Bundoran, Donegal on the wild west coast of Ireland.
On her website www.saltwaterstories.me and Instagram page (@salwaterstories.me) she writes about sustainable living and cooking.