Eggs Benedict Recipe From The Ketogenic Kitchen
Try this low-carb, high-fat eggs benedict recipe from The Ketogenic Kitchen cookbook for a delicious and healthy way to start the day.
– 4 Portobello mushrooms
– 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
– Salt and pepper
– 2 ripe avocados, mashed
– 1 tbsp tamari
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– Few shakes of Tabasco
– Splash of white wine vinegar
– 4 eggs
– Furikake seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Peel the mushrooms but leave them whole. Put them in a roasting tray, sprinkle with the sherry vinegar and season. Roast for 15–20 minutes, until they are soft and juicy.
3. Mix the mashed avocados with the tamari, sesame oil and Tabasco and set aside.
4. Now poach your eggs. If I was doing this in a large batch, then I would just plop them in without worrying too much about swirling the water and so on, so just get on with it. Get a frying pan and fill it with water.
5. Bring it up to the boil and add the white wine vinegar, then reduce the heat so that it’s barely bubbling. Crack the eggs into the water, keeping the water simmering very gently.
6. After 1½–2 minutes, lift the eggs out of the saucepan with a slotted spoon and pat them dry with some kitchen paper.
7. Top the warm mushrooms with the avocado cream, then the poached eggs and some furikake seasoning, which is available in health food stores, good delis and Asian markets. It’s a mix of toasted sesame seeds and seaweed and is quite delicious, especially sprinkled on avocados.
In The Ketogenic Kitchen Domini and Patricia share with you exciting nutritional developments which reveal that a diet low in carbohydrates and high in fat, in conjunction with the treatment recommended by medical professionals, offers new hope and protection against many chronic illnesses. This food philosophy also has the welcoming side effects of weight loss and management, higher energy levels and glowing good health. Whether you are facing treatment, going through recovery or simply want to choose food that helps to keep you healthy in the long term, Domini and Patricia’s fantastic new book will be your best friend in the kitchen, packed with revolutionary advice and delicious recipes. The authors also share their startling personal stories of battling cancer and their research into ground-breaking new ways to feed your body for optimal health.
The Ketogenic Kitchen is published by Gill Books and can be purchased at www.gillbooks.ie.