We’re still holding out hope for a few more weeks of sunshine and what better way to enjoy the remaining summer sun than gathering the family round for a BBQ feast! The best way to impress your friends and family is with a little help from award-winning Dublin butcher Michael Collins of The Scarlet Heifer. Michael has kindly shared his award-winning Dry Aged Angus Beef Ribs recipe to help you make the most of the remaining days of BBQ season.
– Portion of quality Dry Aged Angus Beef Ribs from your local Scarlet Heifer outlet
– 1 onion
– 5 garlic cloves
– 20g black pepper
– 1 carrot
– 1 bay leaf
– 100ml Worcestershire sauce
– 1.5 litres water
– 100ml ketchup
– 20g brown sugar
1. Place all ingredients (apart from the ribs) in a large pot and bring to the boil.
2. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a low simmer and then add the beef ribs to the pot.
3. Cook for at least 3 hours on a low heat; be careful not to let the mixture boil.
4. Remove the ribs from the pot and smother in BBQ sauce of your choice.
5. Wrap the meat in tin foil and place on the top shelf of your BBQ. Cook over a low heat for 1hr.
6. Remove the ribs from the tin foil and cook for 5 mins on either side on the BBQ for that smoky charcoal effect!
No one knows more about impressive barbequing than Michael, who’s spectacular Dry Aged Angus Beef Ribs scooped him the title of ‘Supreme BBQ Champion’ at the recent Associated Craft Butchers of Ireland (ACBI) National BBQ Competition.
The Scarlet Heifer boasts a number of outlets located throughout Dublin, including stores in Leopardstown Shopping Centre, Foxrock Village, The Square Tallaght and O’Coileain Butchers in The Market, Belarmine, Stepaside, where you can pick up the finest cuts of meat for a fantastic BBQ feast.