Pumpkin Almond Butter Donuts Recipe from Peachy Palate
Vegan and Gluten Free! This donuts recipe is light and fluffy with a little bit of chew! Deliciously sweet with an almond butter and maple syrup glaze.
– 120g pumpkin puree
– 60g almond butter
– 60g coconut sugar
– 80ml almond milk
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
– ¼ tsp ginger
– ½ tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 20g almond butter
– 1 tbsp (14g) coconut oil melted
– 1.5 tbsp (30g) maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
2. Blend together almond butter, coconut sugar, almond milk, apple cider vinegar and pumpkin puree using a hand blender.
3. Add in remainder of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
4. Spray your donut pan with cooking spray to lightly grease.
5. Use two small spoons to place the mixture into your donut pan. Do not over fill or you donuts will have no hole! Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for five minutes before removing from the pan. Use a toothpick to loosen each donut around the edges.
7. Once cool mix together icing ingredients in a wide shallow bowl. Place each donut smooth side (the side which was face down in the donut pan) into the icing, lift and shake off the excess and place dry side down on a baking tray or cooling wrack.
8. Store donuts in a seal tight container at room temperature. Best eaten within two days of baking.
I’m Shel but some people call me “Peachy”…I’m the food loving, fitness fanatic, blogger behind Peachy Palate, a website which is now my hub for all the paleo, keto and grain free recipes I create, hoping to inspire people to think outside the box, eating whole foods that truly nourish. Fueled by a desire to improve my own health I love to create sweet and savoury recipes, sharing them with the world ensuring no one need feel deprived regardless of their dietary restrictions or preferences. Living in Wicklow, Ireland, when not dreaming up recipes I’m lifting with the men folk in my local gym, tapped into social media or out on the road delivering, merchandising and being a super duper brand ambassador for a local health food company.
My relationship with food wasn’t always so bright, in fact it wasn’t at all harmonious for quite sometime. Having overcome a decade of eating disorders I’m in the best place I’ve ever been. I’m happy, healthy, confident and I now enjoy every nourishing mouthful, giving my body what it needs. One of my favourite quotes from a sensational foodie … “Nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should.” Julia Child. Life, love and food! www.peachypalate.com