Not all Sausage Rolls are created equal you know! This delicious recipe is a must try for all seasoned sausage roll aficionados out there. Make sure to tag us if you recreate this recipe at home. We hope you enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon of oil for frying
- 1 pack of sausage meat (450g)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons of sundried tomato pesto
- 1 packet of readymade puff pastry (rolled sheet)
- 2 large eggs (1 for sausage meat and 1 for egg wash)
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 160oC and line a large baking sheet with a reusable silicon liner or similar
- Add the oil to a heavy based saucepan and fry the onion over a medium heat until transparent. Add the garlic and fry for a few moments more
- Add in sundried tomato pesto to the onions and garlic. Cover and cook for a few moments until onions are softened
- In a large bowl, add the sausage meat and 1 egg. Add the cooked onions and using your hands or a large wooden spoon stir well to ensure everything is well combined
- Place pastry landscape with the long side closest to you. Using a spoon place a decent line of sausage meat (inch or more in diameter) all along the long edge closest to you, about 1/2 inch from the edge
- Using a pastry brush, wet both long sides of the pastry with a little egg wash. Roll the pastry away from you to encase the sausage meat tightly in the pastry. Make sure pastry is stuck properly at the seal to prevent leaking while cooking
- Using a large sharp knife, cut the pastry into 3 pieces (you can make them smaller if you wish). Place the sausage rolls onto your baking sheet. Brush the top of them with a little egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Place in the preheated oven for 15-20 mins until pastry is crisp and golden.
su_note note_color=”#eeede9″] RECIPE BY IMELDA [/su_note]
After years of baking at home and cultivating her creativity & skill, Imelda first came to the public’s attention as she launched on to our screens in the 2018 series of The Great British Bake Off & Channel 4s The Extra Slice. After beating competition from thousands of other aspiring amateur bakers Imelda appeared as one of the 12 contestants taking on the infamous Bake Off tent. Although she met an early exit, Imelda’s warmth and wit ensured she was an immediate hit with the show’s dedicated fan base. Originally from rural Co. Tyrone, when not in the kitchen baking Imelda can be found outdoors exploring; she also loves to go off the beaten track to discover new food producers and eateries. With a strong passion for local produce and home grown food, Imelda is always on the look-out for new artisan producers to work with to create new culinary combinations!
You can find more of Imelda’s recipes at :