Dark Chocolate Tart with Whiskey Cream Recipe Video by Jette Virdi
This Dark Chocolate Tart recipe has a double dose of chocolate, a chocolate tart crust and a luscious dark chocolate filling. The tart is made all the more decadent with the addition of a whiskey cream, which I made with Teeling Whiskey, distilled right here in Dublin. You can choose to make this gluten free by using gluten free flour for the tart crust.
– 200g gluten free flour or regular plain flour
– 100g butter, cubed and cold
– 50ml of cold water
– 1 tbsp raw cacao powder (optional)
– 125g dark chocolate
– 82g cream
– 36g milk
– 2 small eggs
– a good glug of whiskey, we use Teeling Whiskey
– 1 tbsp sugar
– 100ml cream
1. In a bowl knead the butter, flour and raw cacao together until combined and in pea sized pieces. Add water bit by bit bringing together the dough.You may not need all the water!
2. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes then push the dough into the tin if using gluten free flour, or if using normal flour roll out and line the tin.
3. Blind bake for 15-20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180C.
4. In the meantime make your filling, heat the cream and the milk together until just before a boil. Then pour over the chocolate and stir until melted. Once a little cool whisk in each egg at a time. Fill the tart case and cook again until a slight wobble is still there.
5. To make the whiskey cream, mix the icing sugar and whiskey together, once incorporated whisk in the cream and whisk until thick and hold peaks.
For more exclusive Jette Virdi videos for TheTaste check out TheTaste Foodie TV.
Jette Virdi is a Dublin-based food stylist and creative entrepreneur. With a portfolio including clients such as Rozanna Purcell, Rachel Allen and Bord Bia, she’s your girl if you need an evocative image or event. Well known within the food industry, she consults with Irish brands to create and style recipes, to design and manage product launches and and hosts creative corporate workshops that boost productivity and team performance in the workplace. For more information and to contact Jette for a project go to jettevirdi.com.
For more recipes visit her blog.