Dark Chocolate, Raspberry & Jalapeño Tortes Recipe by Kate O’Driscoll
For the Shells
- 170 g G/F Digestive Biscuits
- 75 g Irish Butter
For the Filling
- 397 g 1 can Condensed Milk
- 400 g 74% Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Rebel Chilli Raspberry & Jalapeño
- 6 fresh Raspberries
- Icing sugar to dust
- Crush the biscuits until they become a fine crumb (a food processor will do the job nicely)
- Melt the butter and add to the crushed biscuits.
- Using the back of a spoon or your fingers press onto the bottom and up the sides of 6 individual loose bottom 8cm tart tins. Chill in the freezer while you make the Filling.
- Pour the condensed milk into a saucepan and break in the chocolate, stir on a low heat until the chocolate is melted, add the Raspberry Jalapeño Jam and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture equally between the tart cases and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. They can then be removed from the tin and dusted with icing sugar and decorated with raspberries.
My Name is Kate O’Driscoll and I live in Kildare Town. I was brought up and educated in the UK and after University, the company I worked for sent me to Ireland, to set up and manage their flagship Irish store. It was here that I met my Husband Joe, and we now have two children who are my tasters- in-chief. I am a champion of Irish Independent Producers and local produce. I have a passion for home cooking and Irish Craft beer. I enjoy pairing beer with food and creating recipes using beer as an ingredient in my cooking. I now work producing gluten free cakes, treats and catering supplying several outlets and coffee houses as well as bespoke custom orders.