Dark Chocolate Chilli & Orange Flowers Recipe By Joanne Wood – The Balanced Kitchen
- 100 g coconut oil
- 25 g raw cacao powder
- 1.5 TBSP xylitol – powdered xylitol ground to a powder in a coffee grinder
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- For all options, begin by melting the Coconut Oil / Dark Chocolate / Cacao Butter in a bain-marie (place a bowl over the top of a pan which has two inches of water in it. Heat the water over a medium heat until the ingredients have melted, stirring continuously. Do not allow the bowl to touch the water.
- Once the coconut oil / dark chocolate / cacao butter has melted, remove the bowl from the pan and turn off the heat. Place the bowl on a heat proof surface and stir in the raw cacao or dark cocoa powder (NB: you do not need to add chocolate to the 100% dark chocolate option).
- Next, add the powdered xylitol and a pinch of chilli powder and stir until combined.
- Place the chocolate silicon mould on to a moveable flat surface (a baking tray or chopping board works well).
- Sprinkle a small amount of orange zest into each mould.
- Now spoon the chocolate mixture on top until each mould is full.
- Leave to set in the fridge for a few hours before removing each chocolate from its mould and storing in a suitable airtight container.
- It is best to eat these within 4 days of making them (not that they will last that long) as the chocolate can start to crystallise after then.
After a life-changing medical experience, Joanne Wood decided to have a complete overhaul of
her diet and now shares her experiences and recipes on her popular blog and Instagram account