Dark chocolate brownies with roasted pumpkin seeds by Chef Igor Cikavev
Nobody can resist a good piece of chocolate brownie, and using dark chocolate results in a particularly indulgent, rich flavour. These mouth-watering chocolate brownies are topped with roasted crunchy pumpkin seeds for an unusual twist on a classic. Serve them as a snack of dessert, the choice is yours.
- 140 g dark chocolate chips 70%
- 115 g butter
- 100 g flour plain
- 4 eggs medium size
- 0.5 tbsp vanilla essence
- 255 g caster sugar
- 0.5 tbsp baking powder
- 30 g pumpkin seeds
- 1 salt pinch
- Toast the pumpkin seeds on a baking tray for 5 minutes at 180˚C, set aside to cool.
- Place 70g of the dark chocolate and the butter into the bowl and melt it over a pot with boiling water.
- Mix the egg and vanilla seeds together then add the sugar.
- Add this mix to the melted butter and chocolate. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and fold through gently until just combined.
- Add the remaining 70g of chocolate pieces and mix well.
- Pour into a 20cm square baking tray and top with the roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Reduce the oven down to 175˚C and bake the brownies for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before turning out and cutting into squares.