Creamy Tofu Masala by Sapana Behl
Creamy tofu masala is a very riceh, creamy and delicious vegan tofu masala curry that pairs so well with rice and or any kind of flatbread.
250 gm extra firm tofu cut in cubes
3 to matoes chopped
2 onions chopped
3-4 garlic cloves chopped
2- inch ginger piece
salt to taste
1 teaspoon dried methi leaves/fenugreek 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder 1 teaspoon coriander powder
4 tablespoon oil
- Toss tofu pieces with a bit salt and red chilli powder and cook on a tawa with a tablespoon of oil. Turn and cook from all sides to make it a bit crispy.
- Place the tofu in between paper towels and press with a heavyweight to squeeze extra water.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan or wok. Add the chopped tomatoes, onions, ginger and garlic cloves.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cook a little and make a paste in the blender.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan. Add half teaspoon dried methi, salt, and red chili powder.
- Stir and add the tomato-onion puree. Stir and cook for 8-10 minutes or until oil comes out from sides of the pan.
- Add tofu pieces in the sauce. Now add 1 cup of water and cook for 3-4 minutes more. 9. Remove from heat and serve warm with rice or naan bread.
1. Make the gravy as much thick or thin you would like.
2. Do not skip cashwes in the dish as thye would make it creamy and nutty.