Who doesn’t love a creamy pasta dish?! In this Creamy Smoked Salmon & Prawn Courgetti Recipe I have substituted a few items using courgette (courgette spaghetti) instead of pasta and crème fraiche instead of cream for a lighter option. If you are not a fish lover, simply use chicken or pork. This dish is the perfect lighter treat for a quick and easy midweek dinner.
– 1 large courgette
– 75g frozen peas
– 50g butter
– 2 generous tbsp crème fraiche
– 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
– 30g grated parmesan
– 200g smoked salmon
– 100g defrosted cooked prawns
1. Use a julienne peeler or spiralizer (if you have neither just thinly slice the courgette into long ribbons) to create spaghetti-like courgette strips.
2. Steam the courgetti for 5 minutes until it still has a bite. Defrost the peas in a bowl of lukewarm water.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Once melted, stir in the crème fraiche, lemon juice and finely grated parmesan until well combined.
4. Roughly chop the smoked salmon and stir through with the prawns, peas and steamed courgetti. Cook through for a further 3 minutes.
5. Season with black pepper and enjoy.
After work and the football field, the kitchen is generally where you will find chartered physiotherapist and ladies footballer, Sinéad Delahunty. A passionate lover of all food, she shares her kitchen creations through her food blog – Delalicious. She focuses on inspiring others to fuel their lives through healthy, wholesome and natural food with quick and easy recipes for all. She is currently on a year out from work and football, eating and adventuring her way around the world.
Check out her blog, www.delalicious.com for more recipe inspiration or follow her on social media for more Delalicious delights.