Cranberry & Pecan Porridge Bread Recipe from Glenisk & Flahavan’s Summer Collaboration Recipes
Two of Ireland’s favourite brands, Glenisk & Flahavan’s, launch Summer Collaboration
The leading Irish food producers have teamed up to develop delicious healthy brunch recipes for all the family to enjoy!
Two of Ireland’s leading brands, Glenisk and Flahavan’s, have joined together this summer to provide customers with simple and wholesome brunch recipes to create in the comfort of their own home. Ireland’s favourite porridge and best-loved yogurt have combined their tasty Organic products to bring you six no-fuss brunch recipes, sure to impress your friends and family this summer.
Since March, both Glenisk and Flahavan’s have seen the popularity of their products increase significantly as Irish consumers embraced back to basics cooking, tried their hand at baking and experimented with new recipes for their families. For many, this brought a taste of home when we were unable to travel or stirred up memories of a favourite meal shared with loved ones when we could not see them.
Sweet, savoury, nutritious and a little indulgent, this new recipe series from Glenisk and Flahavan’s has it all! The classic Porridge Bread, one of the unsung heroes of lockdown, has been given a tasty twist with cranberries, pecans and Irish honey; enjoy the perfect summer breakfast of Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats with juicy fresh peaches; or indulge your sweet tooth with a Sticky Gingerbread & Walnut Cake.
Marketing Communications Manager at Glenisk, Denise Sheridan said: “At Glenisk, we are a proud Irish family business with a focus on organic produce and working with local Irish farmers throughout the country. It is fantastic to team up with Flahavan’s, a fellow Irish business with the same work ethos and similar values as ourselves. The collaboration not only marries the Glenisk and Flahavan’s products together, it is also a reflection on how well suited we are as brands and partners, and we’re excited for this to be the first of many collaborations to come”.
Brand Manager Ireland at Flahavan’s, Suzanne Walsh added: “It’s a pleasure to work with Glenisk on this exciting collaboration, showcasing what two much-loved Irish family brands can achieve by working together during this difficult time. It’s clear from these delicious simple and wholesome recipes that our organic products complement each other extremely well and we are very proud to bring these tasty recipes to breakfast tables across Ireland this Summer”.
500g Glenisk BIO Organic Wholemilk Natural yogurt (for purposes of ingredient on-screen titles this can be referred to as: Glenisk BIO Organic Natural Yogurt)
360g Flahavan’s Organic Oats
60g pecans (reserve a few to decorate the top)
50g dried cranberries
2 tsp bicarbonate soda
4 tbsp milk
Pinch of salt
- Place the dried cranberries into a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°c. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Add the yogurt, egg, milk, and bicarbonate soda to a large mixing bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Drain the cranberries and add them to the bowl of yogurt etc. along with the oats, pecans, honey, and salt. Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf tin. Place a couple of reserved pecans on top for decoration and cook for 45 minutes until golden (ovens may vary so do check before end of cooking with a skewer or toothpick to see if comes out clean – if it does its cooked).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Slice and serve with a topping of your choice.