Cranberry & Marmalade Sauce
A homemade cranberry sauce with little flecks of peel from the marmalade for lovely bursts of citrus – easy to make in just 15 minutes and goes great with a roast goose.
- 300 g frozen cranberries pack fresh or
- 1 full orange juice 1
- 50 g sugar light muscovado
- 100 g orange marmalade shred
- Tip the cranberries into a medium pan over a low heat with the orange juice, sugar and marmalade, and stir until the sugar and marmalade melt and the mixture starts to bubble.
- Cook for 3-5 mins, depending on whether the cranberries are fresh or frozen, as the frozen ones will soften more quickly. They need to be tender but still hold their shape, so try to squash one to see if it is soft enough.
- The sauce will thicken as it cools, but this has a looser texture than shop bought. Will keep for 1 week in the fridge.