Cranberry and Cashew Energy Balls Recipe by Holly White
There was a little trial and error with these but the end result shows that sometimes, simple is best. With just four ingredients combined, these honestly are the tastiest energy balls I’ve ever had.
They make such a delicious addition to a mid-afternoon cup of tea and also satisfy any after-dinner sweet cravings you might be having. This mixture makes 10 snack size balls but of course make them whatever size suits.
Feel free to add some vanilla vegan protein if you want to give these a little extra boost.
– 200g cashew nuts
– 180g dates
– 50g dried cranberries
– 1 tsp. coconut oil
1. In a food processor blitz the cashew nuts for about 15 seconds until they are all broken down.
2. Add the dates a few at a time and blend well.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of room temperature coconut oil and when blended, add the cranberries and blend for about 10 seconds.
4. Take small handfuls of the mixture and roll it between your hands to form small balls. I usually get 10 when I make this and each is about 1 1/2 inch in diameter.
5. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow the coconut oil to set.
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Holly White is a Fashion Journalist and Broadcaster who is passionate about style, natural beauty and plant-based eating.
You can follow all of her activity on her personal blog, www.holly.ie.