This is a beautiful and vibrant courgette, pea and mint soup recipe that will boost your vegetable intake for the day. I don’t see many people taking flasks to work these days and I think it’s a real shame; home-made soup is such a fabulous lunchtime option and is a great way to save some pennies! Reheating this soup is perfectly fine as long as you heat it thoroughly but it’s equally gorgeous cold on a hot day! This recipe serves four, giving you four meals ready for the week as the soup will last 3–4 days in the fridge. It also freezes well.
– 1 tsp coconut or olive oil
– 1 onion, finely diced
– 3 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
– 300g frozen peas
– 3 medium courgettes (about 500g), grated
– 1 litre vegetable stock
– small handful of mint leaves, plus extra to serve
– salt and black pepper
– crème fraîche or yoghurt, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion over a medium heat for 3–4 minutes until translucent.
2. Add the garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for a further minute before adding the peas, grated courgettes and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before transferring all the mixture to a blender. Blitz until smooth then add the mint leaves and blitz again. 4. Return to the pan and taste and adjust the seasoning.
5. Serve with some extra mint leaves, a swirl of crème fraîche or yoghurt and some freshly ground black pepper.
Rhiannon Lambert is a nutritionist specialising in weight management, eating disorders and sports nutrition. She is the founder of Rhitrition, a leading Harley Street private clinic.Grounded in scientific evidence, in this part handbook and part cookbook, Rhiannon shares her food philosophy to inform, inspire and help you fall back in love with food. Following the structure of a consultation with Rhiannon at her Harley Street clinic, Rhitition, discover the foundations for a happy, healthy relationship with eating and gain the confidence you need to create delicious, nourishing meals with her Re-Nourish Menu.
RE-NOURISH: A Simple Way to Eat Well by Rhiannon Lambert is available now (Yellow Kite, £18.99)