Maison Ladurée is synonymous with luxury, the home of exquisite treats to entice the senses, from the iconic pastel macaron to expertly-crafted patisserie. Lovers of the finer things in Dublin know that Ladurée’s sublime South William Street Tea Room is the place to indulge.
Since the very beginning, Ladurée has always strived to inspire pastry-making with daring combinations between fashion and gourmet food, baroque and modernity, rose and lychee fragrances.
Among its sources of inspiration, women always take the centre stage: creative, assertive, avant-garde and most of all, audacious women. Once again this year, Ladurée pays tribute to a historic female personality who did not hesitate to challenge the preconceived ideas and cultural canons of her time.
This month, a new delicacy arrives at Maison Ladurée… Meet Eugénie.
A well-deserved tribute to the iconic Empress Eugenie, patron of the arts and a major figure of her time. Contemporary of Louis-Ernest Ladurée, founder of the Maison in 1862, Eugénie is a real trendsetter before her time. Even more: she is a muse whose intuitions and taste have made Paris a world-renowned cultural and hedonistic central point.
The very shape of Eugénie echoes the Maison Ladurée’s historical icon: the macaron. Likewise, it displays cheerful, irresistibly eye-catching, soft pastel colours. The now famous L letter, stamped on the outer shell, arouses curiosity. If Eugénie takes on the classical visual codes of Ladurée, it also offers a complete reinterpretation of them.
Behind Eugénie’s soft colours lie astonishing sensations: authentic flavours made of exceptional raw materials, with natural colourings and just the right amount of sugar.
Eugénie is above all an astonishing marriage of textures, mixing a crunchy, gluten-free biscuit, a melting heart and a crunchy chocolate coating. With each bite, the textures blend and melt into a delicate harmony, taking audacity a step further in a pure gourmet’s style.
Faithful to the Empress’ heritage, the range has been created for the pleasure of all those who, whether connoisseurs or amateurs, know that pleasure is as much for the eyes as for the palate.
It is the sheer spirit of Maison Ladurée that is expressed here, summarised in a few grams of pure pleasure.
If a trip to Ladurée’s Dublin home is not in the cards, those wishing to try Eugénie can have this new delicacy delivered straight to their door, anywhere in Ireland.
TheTaste have teamed up with Ladurée to bring you a luxurious prize. One lucky reader will have the chance to win a Champagne Afternoon Tea for 2 people at Ladurée, including a box of Eugénie and a box of macarons. A second reader will have the chance to win a box of Eugénie and a box of macarons delivered to their door anywhere in Ireland. Details on how to enter below.
How to Enter this Competition:
To be in with a chance of winning a Champagne Afternoon Tea at Ladurée including macarons and a Eugénie, or to win a box of macarons and a box of Eugenie, fill in the form below or enter via our social media posts on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Terms and Conditions below.
– Closing date for entries is September 14th 2023. Two winners will be contacted directly to confirm they have won a prize.
– There are 2 prizes in this competition, and 2 winners will be chosen.
– Prize 1: Champagne afternoon tea for 2 at Ladurée, including a box of Eugénie and a box of macarons.
– Prize 2: A box of Eugénie and a box of macarons delivered anywhere in the country.
– Upon submitting their entry, the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for Marketing with TheTaste/JFG Digital and the competition supplier.
– Entrant must be over 18 years of age and a resident of an EU country.
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary. No monetary substitution is available in lieu of the prize.
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
– By entering this competition, you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of TheTaste.
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and availability may alter. *** Prize is subject to availability and change.
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
– Employees or agents of the TheTaste, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid. No cash or other alternatives will be offered. No other expenses are included as part of the prize package.