Make Your Mornings Much Butter – Spreadable Coffee is Here
Very few people are fans of getting up early in the morning, but now we might have a good reason to emerge from our cosy beds.
There is now some fabulous espresso coffee butter so now you can spread caffeine on your morning slice of toast – heaven!
Developed by Flat Brew, the spread includes a blend of Arabica coffee, cocoa butter, a little sugar and cream. Each spreadable jar contains 35g of coffee, with a single shot of espresso in approximately every 9g.
A 285g jar of spreadable coffee will only set you back £5.99 in Selfridges. You can find it here.
But you don’t even need to buy the coffee butter as the Tasting Table Test Kitchen has created its own coffee butter recipe, which you can follow below.
– 2 cups heavy cream
– 3/4 cup ground coffee
– 2 tbs. confectioners’ sugar
– 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
– cheesecloth, for wringing
– flaked salt, for garnish
1. In a tall airtight container, add the heavy cream and stir in the ground coffee until it’s completely mixed. Close the container with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
2. Strain the coffee mixture, making sure to push through as much milk fat as possible, while keeping out the sediment. Discard the ground coffee and transfer the strained liquid to the base of a food processor.
3. Add the sugar and kosher salt, and spin the mixture until the fat forms into butter and the liquid separates. Transfer the mixture to a large piece of cheesecloth and wring out any excess liquid.
4. Transfer the butter to a small condiment bowl, garnish with flaked salt and and use immediately or store in the refrigerator for later.