Coconut and Caramel Popcorn Recipe from Siúcra
Popcorn flavour experimentation is all the rage right now and Siúcra’s Coconut Caramel Popcorn recipe is the perfect summer flavour combination.
It is incredibly easy and quick to prepare and makes for a delicious movie night snack that you and your friends will adore. Or, make this simple recipe with children as a Birthday party snack. You can even pop it into an air tight container and enjoy on the go if you’re feeling peckish.
– Popcorn kernels (enough to cover the bottom of the saucepan)
– 2 tbsp coconut oil
– 130g Siúcra Caster Sugar
– ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
– 140g honey
1. Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a medium-large saucepan.
2. Pour in popcorn kernels. Cover with a lid, shaking occasionally.
3. Pop the kernels until it has finished popping and set aside.
4. Pour honey, 1 tbsp coconut oil and Siúcra Caster Sugar into a small saucepan. Stir and boil for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
5. Remove from the heat and add in bicarbonate of soda.
6. Pour over the popcorn and mix.
7. Turn out the popcorn onto a sheet of baking parchment and leave to cool allowing the caramel to harden.
– Keeps for up to three days in an air-tight container.