Cocoa Breakfast Pudding Recipe By Chef Jeeny Maltese
Cocoa Breakfast Pudding Recipe By Chef Jeeny Maltese. Cocoa for breakfast? Yes please! If anything can make your day better, that definitely will be cocoa. This creamy recipe, it is so incredibly uncomplicated and so satisfying. I promise your friends and family would love it, best of all is guilt free, what better way to start your day.
– 1 can full fat coconut milk
– 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
– 3 Tbsp unsweetened powder
– 4 Tbsp arrowroot starch or corn flour
– 1/3 cup coconut or maple syrup
– 2/3 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– pinch sea salt
Porridge or granola
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together cocoa powder, arrowroot, and sugar.
2. Pour in the coconut and almond milk and whisk to combine.
3. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring regularly. The mixture will slowly thicken as it comes to a low boil.
4. Whisk it for about 2 minutes after it starts bubbling. You’ll feel it getting thicker.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in chocolate chips, vanilla and sea salt. Whisk until smooth.
6. Transfer to a container or serving cups.
7. Press cling film against the surface of the pudding (to prevent a “skin” from forming). 8. Refrigerate until completely chilled. Pudding will continue to thicken as it cools.
9. If the pudding ends up thicker than you prefer, you can thin it out with a tiny drizzle of additional almond or coconut milk.
10. Serve hot or cold, adding your favourite toppings like, berries, granola, coconut, etc.
Jeeny Maltese, a Latin-American born TV chef & food writer. Featuring as celebrity chef on the RTE “Today Show with Maura & Daithi” and Virgin Media “The Six O’Clock Show”. Keynote speaker and guest chef at top festivals & events nationwide. Passionate about good eating & good food, making it accessible for everyone, through her cooking methods and philosophy. Enamoured with Ireland’s stunning land, quality food produce & its passionate people.
You can catch up with Jeeny at all the top food festivals nationwide, doing live cookery demonstrations on stage and talks all over the country, from Taste of Dublin, Galway International Food Festival, Taste of Cavan, Savour Kilkenny and many more.
Follow Chef Jeeny Maltese on: