Sticky Honey, Soy and Sesame Cocktail Sausages Recipe by Neven Maguire
This sticky honey, soy and sesame cocktail sausages recipe from Neven Maguire’s Complete Family Cookbook is a real crowd pleaser!
I never seem to be able to make enough of these. Fortunately, they take just minutes to make and seconds to demolish. You have been warned! Don’t forget to hand around a separate dish for used cocktail sticks.
– 20 cocktail sausages, about 350g
– 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
– 2 tsp dark soy sauce
– 2 tsp runny honey
– 1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/gas mark 6).
2. Place the sausages in a single layer in a non-stick roasting tin.
3. Mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and honey in a bowl and pour over the sausages, turning to coat.
4. Bake the sausages for 20 minutes, then drain off any excess fat and sprinkle over the sesame seeds. Cook for another 15 minutes, until golden and sticky.
Arrange on a warmed plate skewered with cocktail sticks.
Thank heaven for Neven! This definitive cookbook will be a lifesaver in every family’s kitchen. Our families are the most important people in our lives, so when it comes to mealtimes we want to give them the best we can. This new definitive collection from Neven Maguire gives you all the inspiration and help you’ll need to get more of the good stuff into your family’s diet and make homemade food the heart of your home.
The book also includes lots of tips on how to wean the family off processed food for meal and snack times, how to plan for large family gatherings, how to cut down on food waste and how to bake the perfect celebration cake.
Neven Maguire’s Complete Family Cookbook is published by Gill Books and available to buy in all good book stores and online at www.gillbooks.ie/cookery.