A vongolein Italian, but my version includes prawns. I absolutely love prawns but feel free to leave them out. This Clam and Prawn Linguini is a quick dish to prepare that feels a little more sophisticated. Sit back and pretend the sun is shining on your back somewhere on the Amalfi coast.
- 200g spaghetti
- 5 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to finish
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 chilli, finely diced 100g clams
- 12 prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 20g Parmesan, grated
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large handful of parsley, chopped sea salt
- Place the pasta in boiling, salted water and cook until just tender. This takes about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 2 minutes or until the garlic has started to turn golden.
- Add the clams and prawns and season with salt.
- Remove the pasta from the water and add to the pan with the seafood. Add a ladleful of pasta water, followed by the Parmesan, lemon zest and juice, and the parsley. Cook over a high heat until the sauce thickens and glazes the spaghetti. This takes about 2 minutes.
- Season with some more olive oil, lemon and salt and serve in warm bowls with a spoon to get the last of the sauce.