“You may have gathered if you previously made my Peanut Butter Jelly Blondies (page 136) that I am obsessed with all things ‘blondie’ and these Cinnamon Blondies hit the spot. With my first book and my blog, I was inspired by the ideas that my followers gave me and these have been one of the most highly requested bakes ever, so I had to include them here! An easy blondie batter flavoured with ground cinnamon and full of white chocolate chips, topped with a cinnamon-flavoured white chocolate drizzle; what could possibly be better? The warmth of the cinnamon makes these ideal for serving at bonfire night or even into the festive period. If you want to try a different spice such as ground ginger, go for it.”
- 200 g unsalted butter melted
- 250 g light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 275 g plain flour
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 300 g white chocolate chips
- 75 g white chocolate melted
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/160oC fan and line a 23cm square in with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter and the sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat again until smooth.
- Add the flour, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and the corn flour and beat until thick. Add the chocolate chips and fold through.
- Pour the mixture into the in and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes, or until there is a slight wobble in the middle.
- Leave to cool in the !n. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Once the blondies have set, carefully mix the melted white chocolate and remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon together. Drizzle over the blondies and return to the fridge to chill and set. Cut into squares with a sharp knife and enjoy!
View this post on Instagram