- 75g self-raising flour
- 175g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 175g butter
- 1tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 600g mixed raisins, sultanas, citrus peel, apricots, cherries
- Juice and zest of 2 clementines
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 5tbsp brandy
- 300ml port
- Soak the raisin mix in brandy for at least 1 hour.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs, clementine juice and zest, and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the breadcrumbs and port. Mix well.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and port.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased pudding bowl, cover with greaseproof paper and tie with a string.
- Place in a large pot filled with 1L of water.
- Cover and steam for 6 hours topping up with water. The longer you steam the pudding, the richer it’ll become.
- Enjoy with some brandy butter.
Christmas Pudding with Port & Clementines Recipe provided by Monika Coghlan
Pepperazzi Food Styling & Photography
www.pepperazzi.ie | 086 375 4058