Chocolate Fondant Recipe by Chef Andrew Lawlor of Le Plancha
Armed with just a handful of ingredients and Chef Andrew Lawlor of Le PLancha’s Chocolate Fondant Recipe you’ll whip up this crowd-pleaser in no time.
– 75g chocolate
– 65g butter
– 65g sugar
– 40g plain flour
– 2 eggs
– 2 x cappuccino cups
1. Melt butter & chocolate over bain marie and cool to room temperature.
2. Place eggs and sugar in a mixing machine with the chocolate and whisk on a medium speed for five minutes.
3. Fold in sieved flour. Get the cups & butter and coat with cocoa powder.
4. Divide the mixture between the two cups. Rest for a half hour before cooking.
5. Bake at 180c (170c for a fan oven) for 10-12 minutes until a dome has formed on the top of the mixture that is firm to touch.
6. Allow to rest for 2 minutes, carefully turn out onto a plate. Serve with cream or ice cream & fresh berries. Enjoy!
Le Plancha was opened in 2011 in Blackrock by Chef Andrew Lawlor and Eimear Brannelly and in 2016 it reloacted to Monkstown. Andrew has worked as a chef for over twenty years and his travels through France, Portugal & Spain have greatly influenced Le Plancha.
Their emphasis is on making everything where possible in house from their freshly baked bread, homemade ice cream and their crackers for cheese.