Chocolate BIRCHER with caramel crack Recipe by Baker Boys
Serves 1 portion
250g (8,8oz) almond milk
1 ripe banana, roughly chopped
1⁄2 tbsp cocoa powder (over 70% cocoa)
10g (0,3oz) dark chocolate (over 70% cocoa) 75g (2,65oz) oats
20g (0,70oz) dates, chopped
15g (0,70oz.) brown sugar
- Place all the ingredients apart from oats in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the oats and stir well.
- Leave to soak in a container in the fridge for a minimum 6hr. (Add more almond milk if needed).
- Pour the mixture into a wide shallow serving bowl, sprinkle a thin layer of sugar on top. Place under a hot grill to melt the sugar ‘creme brulee style’ or even better if you have a blow torch you can melt the sugar with an open flame.
- Rest until sugar has hardened.
- Finished it with fresh fruit.
- Tap the top to ‘crack’ into it.