Chilli Chicken Udon Noodle Soup by Chef Kwanghi Chan
We are delighted to team up with TV Chef Kwanghi Chan as he will be launching a Limited Edition Rayu in all Aldi Stores on June 6th. His new Mala Black Garlic Peanut Chilli Rayu is a must have in every house hold, adding that professional touch to all your stir-fries and asian dishes. As this is a limited edition we urge you to get a jar as soon as it lands. These recipes will give you some inspiration on how to use this Rayu.
Chilli Rayu is the tomato ketchup of Asia! An every day condiment to add flavour with a bit of spice to your daily dishes.
• 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
• 2 boneless skinless chicken thigh (or breast)
• 3 tablespoons Japanese sake (or 2 tablespoons dry sherry)
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons honey
• Dash of water
• 2 litres of chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
• 2 tablespoons of white miso paste
• 1/2 lb (225 g) brown mushrooms , sliced (or 8 fresh shiitake mushrooms)
• 3 green onions , sliced, green and white parts separated
• 1 tablespoon ginger , minced
• 300g chinese cabbage , chopped
• 2 packs (17-oz./500 g) udon noodles
• Mala Black Garlic Peanut Chilli Rayu
• Mix the sauce in a small bowl while heating up the frying pan
• Add the chicken thighs into the pan without overlapping. Sear until the bottom turns golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and sear the other side.
• Once both sides of the chicken are seared, pour the sauce into the pan Turn to low heat. Cover and let it cook until the chicken fillets are cooked through, 5 minutes or so. Cover with lid Once cooked through, turn off heat
• Add the broth, mushrooms, white part of the green onion, and ginger. Turn the heat setting to medium. Cover and cook until the mushrooms are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
• Add the white part of the Chinese cabbage and cover again add white miso paste and whisk
• Add the noodles, the green part of the cabbage, and the green part of the green onions. Cook until the noodles heat up and the cabbage turns tender, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
• Slice the cooked chicken and place it on top of the noodles.
• Serve in a bowl with sliced pickled ginger & white of the scallions on top and a spoonful of Mala Peanut Chilli Rayu