Indian Spiced Chickpea and Spinach Curry Recipe by The Tiny Vegan Kitchen
This chickpea and spinach curry recipe is made with tomatoes and flavoured with Indian spices so I guess it’s something that can be called a curry.
It’s pretty moreish, takes no time to make and would be a great dish for a large family. It also freezes really well but don’t add any spinach to the batch for the freezer.
– 1 large onion, finely diced
– 2 tins chopped tomatoes
– 2 tins chickpeas, rinsed and drained
– 1 tsp ground ginger
– 1 tsp ground coriander
– 2 tsp turmeric
– 2 tsp paprika
– 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
– 2 tsp medium curry powder
– 1 bag baby leaf spinach, washed
– 1 tbsp sunflower oil
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions. Gently cook with the lid on until the onions become translucent.
2. Add the spices to the pan and stir well to cook them. Add half a can of the tomatoes and continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Add the rest of the tomatoes and heat through. Taste and add sugar if required. Once hot enough add in the chickpeas.
4. Just before serving add in some spinach and cook until it’s just wilted.
5. Serve up with some basmati rice.
Tanya is a vegan food blogger who set up The Tiny Vegan Kitchen blog in 2015.
Since then she has expanded into hosting Supper Clubs and giving Cooking workshops from her home in Dublin.
Tanya’s recipes include vegan versions of her favourite wholesome foods and celebrate the array of ingredients that are available to us to create and enjoy delicious food.
She also loves a hearty meal and throughout her blog she calls on the cuisines of countries that she’s visited to provide the inspiration for some of her recipes.