Chicken Zoodle Soup Recipe by The Wonky Spatula
This recipe is one of my favourite things to race home to, grab a big woolly blanket and cosy up on the couch with during colder months. Prepare the broth ahead of time and add in your zoodles as needed, for comfort in a bowl any time of the day!
For the broth:
3 chicken thighs, skinned
3/4 of a carrot, peeled and chopped
1 small onion, peeled and chopped
2 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
1 handful of fresh parsley
1 handful of fresh thyme
2 cups of water – just enough to cover the vegetables Coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper
For the zoodles:
1/4 of a carrot, peeled
1/2 a sweet potato, peeled
2 large courgettes / zucchinis All spiralized!
Small handful of fresh coriander to garnish
- Add all of the broth ingredients to a large pot and season well.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat, reduce the heat and simmer for 30–40 minutes with the lid on, until the chicken has cooked through.
- Once the broth has finished cooking, remove the chicken and set aside, before straining the remainder of the mixture and discarding the vegetables.
- Bring the broth to the boil and simmer for a further 5–10 minutes to enhance the flavour.
- Once you are ready to serve your soup, tear the chicken away from the bones, add into the broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot and sweet potato and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Turn off the hob, add the zoodles and leave to stand for 3–5 minutes with the lid on.
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy snuggled up on the couch with a woolly blanket! The perfect way to relax after a busy day!
Recipe from The Wonky Spatula New Book – Cook Healthy, Live Happy