Chicken liver pate with fig chutney, toasted brioche, fleur de sel, blackberry compote recipe.
Chicken liver pate
– 300g chicken liver
– 1 hen egg
– 15ml red wine vinegar
– 40ml red wine
– 5g honey
– 10ml beetroot juice (freshly squeezed)
– 100g butter
– 5ml cognac
– Salt, pepper to taste
–1 punnet of blackberries
– 125g of caster sugar
–1 vanilla pod, split
–1 lemon, juice only
– 1 brioche loaf
– 6g fleur de sel
– 1 punnet of micro herbs
– 5 figs, fully riped
Chicken liver pate
1. Put the liver into the pot with boiling water and take immediately off the heat, leave it for 5 minutes, thereafter take out liver and dry.
2. Put red wine in the pot and reduce by 1/3. Put all ingredients except butter into the container and blitz with a hand blender till smooth. Then pass the mixture through the fine sieve.
3. Transfer the liver to the cooking tray, cover the top with a parchment paper & foil and cook in the oven on low heat 70C for 2 hours.
4. Then pate is ready blend it again together with remaining butter.
5. Transfer the liver mixture to the fridge. When mixture fully set carefully roll it using the cling film. Shape it into the long, 3cm thick roll. Transfer it back to the fridge.
1. Add to a pan the vanilla pod, lemon juice and sugar and simmer gently. Add the blackberries and take the pan off the heat.
2. Leave the blackberries to infuse for 2 minutes. Transfer to the container and refrigerate.
1. Thick slice and toast lightly the brioche then arrange on the plate. Add a couple of slices of chicken liver pate.
2. Scatter the pate with some fleur de sel. Then spoon around the blackberry compote.
3. Decorate with figs cut in half and some micro herbs. Serve immediately.
Igor Cikarev is the executive head chef at The Gibson Hotel. A Russian native from Riga, Igor got his start in the Latvian capital and has continued to grow his experience over the years.
Stay up-to-date with all of the latest news from the gibson hotel here.