Chicken and Coriander Soup Recipe from The Ketogenic Kitchen Cookbook
This chicken and coriander soup recipe is very easy to make and has a lovely texture. The combination of chicken and coriander works really well and it’s as tasty as it is comforting.
Serves 4 – 6
– 2 leeks, washed and chopped (340g) 2 onions, chopped (300g)
– 4 garlic cloves, crushed (12g) Big knob of butter (25g)
– 1 ½ litres chicken or vegetable stock (1.5kg)
– 2 big bunches of fresh coriander (50g) 4 skinless chicken breasts, diced (520g)
1. In a large saucepan on a medium heat, sweat the leeks, onions and garlic in the butter for about 10 minutes, until they’re soft.
2. Add the stock and coriander and blitz with a blender until smooth.
3. Add the raw (or cooked) diced chicken and poach gently for 10 minutes, until cooked (or if it’s already cooked, just until it’s warmed through).
In The Ketogenic Kitchen Domini and Patricia share with you exciting nutritional developments which reveal that a diet low in carbohydrates and high in fat, in conjunction with the treatment recommended by medical professionals, offers new hope and protection against many chronic illnesses. This food philosophy also has the welcoming side effects of weight loss and management, higher energy levels and glowing good health. Whether you are facing treatment, going through recovery or simply want to choose food that helps to keep you healthy in the long term, Domini and Patricia’s fantastic new book will be your best friend in the kitchen, packed with revolutionary advice and delicious recipes. The authors also share their startling personal stories of battling cancer and their research into ground-breaking new ways to feed your body for optimal health.
The Ketogenic Kitchen is published by Gill Books and can be purchased at www.gillbooks.ie.