This chef’s special fried cauli-rice recipe is the perfect mid-week swap out for a takeaway! It really does taste like the real deal, perfect for helping you get back on the straight and narrow after Christmas!
– 1 head of cauliflower
– 1 red onion, finely chopped
– 1 pepper, finely sliced
– 8 button mushrooms, finely sliced
– 2 eggs
– 4 tbsp coconut aminos
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 chili
– Chinese 5 spice
– Sesame oil
– Olive oil
– Coarse salt
– 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
– 4 spring onions finely chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 220°c/428°F.
2. Taking the whole cauliflower, chop it into small rice like pieces.
3. In a large bowl combine the olive oil, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt and chili powder.
4. Add in the cauliflower and mix until nicely coated.
5. Lay the cauliflower out on a baking tray and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden, cooked through and slightly crispy.
6. In the meantime heat your wok with some sesame oil.
7. Add the onion, garlic, chili and a sprinkle of coarse salt and saute for 3-4 minutes until it starts to soften before adding in the peppers.
8. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl before adding them to the wok and scrambling them through the vegetables.
9. Finally add the mushrooms and saute for 1-2 minutes before stirring in the coconut aminos, 1 tbsp of sesame oil, and 2 of the spring onions.
10. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and combine with the vegetables.
11. Serve and enjoy with some toasted sesame seeds and some more finely chopped spring onions!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!