Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Bake Recipe by Neven Maguire
This is a great pasta bake recipe if you have some leftover roast chicken, otherwise you could try it with canned tuna or salmon for a speedy dinner.
If cooking pasta for babies, at this stage I tend to give it a minute or two longer than I normally would so that it’s nice and soft for them to chew on.
Makes about 5 portions
– 175g pasta shapes
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– ½ small onion, finely chopped
– 1 small garlic clove, crushed
– 150g small broccoli florets
– 100g cooked chicken, diced
– 5 tbsp cream
– 25g freshly grated Parmesan
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10–12 minutes, until cooked through and tender.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic until softened. Steam the broccoli for 3–4 minutes, until tender.
3. Drain the pasta and return to the pan, then fold in the onion mixture with the broccoli, chicken and cream. Sprinkle over the Parmesan and mix well so that the Parmesan melts into the cream and forms a sauce.
4. Serve mashed or puréed or leave to cool and freeze in small containers, then defrost and reheat as necessary.
Award-winning chef, Neven Maguire, is Head Chef/Owner of MacNean House & Restaurant in Blacklion, Co. Cavan. One of Ireland’s most talented and innovative chefs, Neven has been named ‘Best Chef in Ireland’ at numerous awards. His MacNean House & Restaurant has also been presented with many awards for best dining experience, food and hospitality and most recently ‘Best Wine Experience’ at the Hotel & Catering Review Gold Medal Awards 2015/16. Fulfilling a long-held dream, Neven officially opened his ‘Neven Maguire Cookery School’ alongside his restaurant late 2013.
His latest recipe book – The Nation’s Favourite Healthy Food – is on shelves now and his new series of Healthy Home Chef was broadcast to acclaim on RTÉ 1. Neven is currently filming his new series of Home Chef in Ireland and abroad. His previous series are being shown in the US (on PBS) and the UK (UKTV Food). His award-winning classic, Neven Maguire’s Complete Baby & Toddler Cookbook is also for sale in all good book stores or at Nevenmaguire.com.