Celebrate the Festive Season with Aldi’s new range of Christmas wines!
From round-bodied reds, to bubbles, ports, and sherries – Aldi has everything you need to accompany your festive celebrations this Christmas
Whether you prefer a crisp rosé to accompany your cheeseboard, a deep red wine to enjoy by the fire, a glass of much-loved Crémant du Jura to celebrate with friends, or a sherry to end the evening on a high, Aldi has everything you need to accompany your festive celebrations, no matter the occasion, with its brand-new range of Christmas wines – now available in stores nationwide.
From stand out reds like Specially Selected Fleurie, 75cl €8.99, fresh whites like Specially Selected Pouilly Fumé, 75cl €14.99, aged ports like Fletcher’s 10-Year-Old Tawny Port, 75cl €13.99, or an amazing Sparkling Wine Advent Calendar, €79.99, Aldi’s new range of Christmas wines will have everything you need to get the festivities underway.
To help you decide which wine to pair with your Christmas dinner this year, Tom Doorley, Aldi’s resident wine expert, has picked his 13 top wines, to see you right through the celebrations. These include:
- Specially Selected Costières de Nîmes, 75cl €8.99 – A rich, ripe, meaty blend of Grenache, Syrah, Carignan, Cinsault and Mourvère from the Southern Rhône with plums and spice.
- Winemaster’s Lot Côtes de Provence Rosé, 75cl €11.99 – A very superior rosé indeed! Full of Southern sun, it manages to be crisp and refreshing but with ripe strawberry fruit too.
- Specially Selected Rioja Gran Reserva, 75cl €11.99 – From the top of the Rioja league table, this full, round, deep red wine has spent two years in oak. Luscious and vanilla-scented.
- Specially Selected Rasteau, 75cl, €11.99 – Think Côtes du Rhône but think again. This is the turbocharged, V8 version, velvet smooth and powerful.
- Specially Selected Crémant du Jura, 75cl €13.99 – It’s back! One of the biggest hits ever in Aldi’s sparkling range, 100% cool climate Chardonnay with fine bubbles, a blanc de blancs that gives Champagne a run for its money!
- Fletcher’s 10 Year Old Tawny Port, €13.99 – A superb wood-aged port, the ruby colour turning literally tawny. Dried fruit, Christmas spice, candied peel, lusciously sweet but with the perfect balance of acidity.
- Specially Selected, Pouilly Fumé, 75cl €14.99 – Sauvignon Blanc but with a difference: a fresh, dry Loire white with great subtlety and a flinty kick on the finish. Elegant stuff.
- Specially Selected Gigondas, 75cl €14.99 – This is Châteauneuf-du-Pape’s not-so-little little brother. It showcases warm climate Grenache with a plummy seasoning of Syrah and Mourvèdre.
- Winemaster’s Lot Sancerre, 75cl €14.99 – An absolute classic! Fresh and crisp with a citrus tang and a mineral seam running through it. Exactly what Sancerre is meant to be.
- Specially Selected Crozes Hermitage, 75cl €15.99 – Phenomenal value in this 100% Syrah wine from the blistering Northern Rhône. Black fruits, pepper, even a touch of black olives.
- Winemaster’s Lot Chateauneuf du Pape, 75cl €19.99 – So much going on in this big, beefy red from the Southern Rhône! Mainly Grenache, it has lots of spice and even a hint of wild herbs from the garrigue.
- Grand Vallon Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc, 75cl €19.99 – Only a tiny amount of this dry wine is made and it’s a precious find. Ripe pears flowers and honey, rich but perfectly poised between fruit and acidity.
- Champagne Philizot Blanc de Noirs, 75cl €29.99 – A glorious Champagne made exclusively from Pinot Noir which explains the rich, full taste. Aromas of warm bread and juicy, crunchy red fruits. Complete with a gift box.
Full Christmas wine list as follows:
Christmas wines – Red wine:
- Specially Selected, Costières de Nimes, 75cl €8.99
- Specially Selected Fleurie, 75cl €8.99
- Les Trois Manoirs Médoc Bordeaux, 75cl €9.99
- Specially Selected Rioja Gran Reserva, 75cl €11.99
- Specially Selected Barolo, 75cl €14.99
- Specially Selected Gigondas, 75cl €14.99
- Specially Selected Amarone, 75cl €17.99
- Specially Selected Rasteau, 75cl, €11.99
- Specially Selected Malbec Magnum, 1.5L €15.99
- Specially Selected Crozes Hermitage, 75cl €15.99
- Specially Selected Rioja Reserva Magnum, 1.5L €19.99
- Winemaster’s Lot Chateauneuf du Pape, 75cl €19.99
Christmas wines – White wine:
- Specially Selected Mâcon Villages, 75cl €8.99
- Specially Selected Pouilly Fumé, 75cl €14.99
- Grand Vallon Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc, 75cl €19.99
- Winemaster’s Lot Sancerre, 75cl €14.99
Christmas wines – Rosé wine:
- Winemaster’s Lot Côtes de Provence Rosé, 75cl €11.99
Christmas wines – Sparkling wine:
- Buck’s Fizz, 75cl €2.99
- Specially Selected Crémant du Jura, 75cl €13.99
- Veuve Monsigny Rosé Champagne Brut, 75cl €24.99
- Champagne Philizot Blanc de Noirs Gift Tube, 75cl €29.99
Christmas wines – Other products available:
- Fletcher’s Ruby Reserve Port, 20cl €5.99
- Specially Selected Cream Sherry, 37.5cl €5.99
- Specially Selected Medium Dry Sherry, 37.5cl €5.99
- Specially Selected Sauternes, 37.5cl €8.99
- Fletcher’s 10-Year-Old Tawny Port, 75cl €13.99
- Wine advent calendar, €69.99
- Prosecco & Sparkling Wine Advent Calendar, €79.99
Aldi’s Christmas wine range is available at amazing prices and can be purchased now in all 148 stores nationwide and online. For those looking to treat themselves from Aldi’s wine sale this winter, why not try these five wines under €5, and bring a taste of Chile, California, and South Africa to your living room during the longer evenings. Available since 7th November and until the end of December while stocks last, these wines include:
· Estevez Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon, 75cl €3.99 – Deep burgundy red. A fruity nose with a predominance of ripe red and black fruits with dry herbs. Complemented with chocolate, coffee and vanilla. In the mouth, a pleasant acidity with a firm and structured body.
· Estevez Chilean Merlot, 75cl €4.99 – Intense cherry red colour. Aromas and notes of red and black sweet fruits. Complemented with hints of coconut and vanilla. In the mouth, the wine is fruity with soft tannins.
· Estevez Chilean Chardonnay, 75cl €4.99 – Cooling sea breezes create a rich, beautifully bright Chardonnay filled with distinct flavours. Aromas of tangerine, melon, apple and sweet pear meet notes of butter and freshly baked bread. A beautiful accompaniment to seafood and chicken curry.
· Beachfront Californian Sauvignon Blanc, 75cl €4.99 – A fruity, aromatic white made with Californian Sauvignon Blanc grapes with lime and white peach aromas.
· Cambalala South African Malbec, €4.99 – A deliciously rich, ripe Malbec from vineyards stretching along the foothills of South Africa’s Western Cape. Bursting with dark fruit flavours of black cherry, plum and blackberry, this is a well-structured wine with an elegant hint of spice on the finish.
For more information on the amazing range of Christmas and core wines available at Aldi stores nationwide, visit www.aldi.ie.