- 12 Corn Tortilla Wraps
- 12 tsp Heinz Taco Sauce
- 500 g Pork Shoulder
- 2 Medium Onions
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Can Organic Pinto Beans
- .5 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Can Sweetcorn
- 1 Sprig Fresh Coriander
- Feta Cheese
- 2 Limes
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Prepare the Carnitas – chop the pork into large cubes and slice one of the onions and three of the garlic cloves. Mix the pork cubes, onion and garlic together in a roasting tin and season well with salt and pepper. Pour over 1 cup of water and cover with foil and roast for 45 minutes
- Make the refried beans by heating olive oil in a saucepan and sauté one finely chopped onion and 2 garlic cloves, then add the cumin and salt to taste.
- Add the can of pinto beans and their juice. With the help of a potato masher start mashing the beans while cooking on medium heat for 5 minutes. Once the beans are cooked to a desired consistency, remove from the heat
- Finish the carnitas by removing the pork from the oven, drain and save any juices and shred the meat with the help of a fork
- Transfer the shredded meat back to the roasting tin, add salt and pepper and pour some of the juices on top. Place back onto the middle shelf of the oven, along with the drained can of sweetcorn, for about 10 minutes or until the edges are delicious and crispy.
- While they are roasting, finely chop the coriander and crumble the feta cheese.
- Once roasted, transfer the roasted sweetcorn to a food processor and add a good squeeze of Heinz Taco Sauce. Blitz until it reaches a desired sauce texture.
- To finish, heat the wraps for 20 seconds in the microwave. Spoon a layer of refried beans followed by a layer of slow cooked pork. Top with the creamy sweetcorn sauce and some extra Heinz Taco Sauce. Sprinkle over the coriander, feta cheese and a good spritz of lime juice.
HEINZ PUTS THE TACO INTO TACO-WAY HEINZ LAUNCH IRELAND’S FAVOURITE TAKEAWAY SAUCE IN A BOTTLE
- NEW Heinz Taco Sauce offers the perfect tasty takeaway sauce, always just a squeeze away
- Mexican style sauce is packed with those iconic spicy, peppery, and garlicky flavours that you know and love
- The launch comes just ahead of Cinco de Mayo (5th May), the global celebration of Mexican American culture, which has even been referred to as the Mexico’s very own St. Patrick’s Day
- Available now from Supervalu and Tesco
Calories: 507kcalCarbohydrates: 82gProtein: 29gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 383mgPotassium: 1058mgFiber: 14gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 331IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 160mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!