This warm grain salad has it all — texture, crunch and a delicious ClemenGold® dressing that ties it all together.
- 6 Tbsp 90 ml delicate olive oil
- 3 Tbsp 45 ml ClemenGold® juice
- 2 Tbsp 30 ml red wine vinegar
- zest of 1 ClemenGold® mandarin
- salt and pepper
- 2 C 500 ml bulgur wheat, cooked according to the packaging instructions
- olive oil
- 200 g kale leaves rinsed well and dried
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp 30 ml sesame seeds
- ¼ C 60 ml slivered almonds
- 400 g block of halloumi sliced into pieces about 5mm thick
- 200 g baby spinach torn or chopped
- 2 ClemenGold® mandarins peeled and separated into segments
- 1 large avocado cubed
- small handful micro herbs to garnish
- Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a glass jar then seal with a lid and shake to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC. Drizzle the kale with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes or until the kale is crispy. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a frying pan and add the cumin and almonds. Toast until the nuts are golden and fragrant. Set aside.
- Add the sesame seeds to a separate dry frying pan and toast, tossing often, until golden. Set aside.
- Add a splash of olive oil to a non-stick frying pan and over medium high-heat. Fry the halloumi slices for 1-2 minutes a side until evenly caramelised. Set aside.
- Toss the crispy kale and spinach with the bulgur wheat. Top the salad with ClemenGold® segments and avocado pieces. Garnish with cumin-spiced almonds and sesame seeds. Dress with salad with half the dressing, season to taste and garnish with a scattering of micro herbs. Serve with the remaining dressing on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!