- 1kg small, very fresh sprouts
- 100g diced pancetta
- 225g glazed cooked chestnuts
- ½ bunch chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Cut each sprout in half or keep whole and score the bottom on the sprout to help the cooking process.
- Heat a large pan of salted water to boiling point and cook the sprouts for 2–3 minutes, depending on how ‘al dente’ you like them. They should still be very bright green in colour. Cool down quickly in a bowl of ice water. Drain and keep aside.
- In a large heavy bottomed pan sauté the pancetta until golden. Add the chestnuts and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the Brussel sprouts, salt and black pepper, cook until sprouts are heated through, 5-8 minutes. Add the parsley at the end.