These tasty breakfast bars are ideal to batch bake – making sure you have breakfast to hand no matter how busy your day is.
- 300g/11oz Odlums Porridge Oats
- 1 x 397g tin Condensed Milk
- 125g/4oz Shamrock Raisins
- 100g packet Shamrock Flaked Almonds
- 100g packet Dried Cranberries or Blueberries
- 75g/3oz Shamrock Desiccated Coconut
- 2 tablespoons Linseeds
COOK TIME: 1 hour
- reheat the oven to 130°C/250°F/Gas ½. Line a swiss roll tin 28cm x 18cm/11″ x 7″ with good quality baking parchment. Lightly brush with oil.
- Warm the condensed milk in a large pan.
- Meanwhile, mix together all the other ingredients and then add the warmed condensed milk. Mix well, making sure all the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared tin. Press down well with the back of a spoon dipped in cold water.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until golden brown and set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before gently cutting into bars with a serrated/bread knife.
- When cold, store in an airtight container.