Bolognese Pitta Pockets with Shredded Lettuce, Red Pepper & Grated Cheese Recipe By Ballymaloe Foods
Ballymaloe Bolognese Sauce is packed full of tomatoes, onions, peppers, herbs and spices, so there really is nothing you need to add to it apart from meat for a delicious Italian classic. This recipe takes inspiration from that classic and combines it with some fresh lettuce and cheddar, for a goodness filled pitta pocket.
- 4 Pitta bread pockets, white or wholemeal
- Olive oil
- 225g Lean minced beef
- Shredded cos or iceberg lettuce
- 1 Red pepper (finely sliced)
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 x 400g Jar of Ballymaloe Bolognese Sauce
- Heat a little olive oil and cook the mince through in a saucepan on the hob.
- Add the Bolognese Sauce and stir until bubbling.
- Toast the pittas on a low toaster setting.
- Open the pittas and fill with the mince Bolognese sauce, lettuce, sliced red pepper and grated cheddar.