Blood Orange and Roast Butternut Salad Recipe
Proving salads don’t have to be boring, this Blood Orange and Roast Butternut Salad Recipe from M&S makes a refreshing and colourful lunch or light dinner.
– 800g butternut squash
– 3 sprigs thyme
– 2 cloves small garlic cloves
– 3 tbsp olive oil
– 200g couscous
– 5 blood oranges
– 75g pomegranate seeds
– 100g rocket leaves
– 125g coriander
– 200g feta
1. Peeled, deseeded and cut into 4cm cubes the butternut squash. Chop the coriander, Crumble the feta.
2. Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4
3. Put the squash, thyme and garlic in a roasting tin and season
4. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil, then roast for 35-45 minutes, until tender and golden
5. Squeeze the garlic from its skin.
6. Meanwhile, put the couscous in a bowl and add 300ml boiling water.
7. Set aside for 15 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
8. Use a sharp knife to peel and slice 4 of the oranges.
9. Squeeze the juice from the remaining orange, whisk this with the remaining oil, and season.
10. Stir the pomegranate seeds, rocket and coriander into the couscous (reserving some to scatter over).
11. Divide among 6 plates and top with the squash, sliced oranges, feta, remaining pomegranate seeds, rocket and coriander
12. Drizzle with the dressing to serve.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie.