Ireland’s Best Beaches Revealed – How Many Have You Visited?
You can’t beat a good beach on a sunny day, especially if you’ve an ice-cream and book on hand. To help you plan for Ireland’s rare sunny days, the best beaches in the country have been revealed, with Kerry and the Wild Atlantic Way dominating the list.
Compiled from reviews gathered over a 12-month period, Inch Beach in Co. Kerry was crowned Ireland’s best beach in TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice awards.
Coumeenoole Beach in Dingle, Derrynane Beach in Caherdaniel and Banna Strand in Tralee rounded off the Kerry contingent.
TripAdvisor’s Top 10 beaches in Ireland
1. Inch Beach, Inch, Co. Kerry
2. Inchydoney Beach, Clonakilty, Co. Cork
3. Dog’s Bay Beach, Roundstone, Co. Galway
4. Barleycove Beach, Schull, Co. Cork
5. Coumeenoole Beach, Dingle, Co. Kerry
6. Maghera Beach and Caves, Ardara, Co. Donegal
7. Silver Strand Beach, Malin Beg, Co. Donegal
8. Derrynane Beach, Caherdaniel, Co. Kerry
9. Strandhill Beach, Strandhill, Co. Sligo
10. Banna Strand, Tralee, Co. Kerry
Meanwhile, tropical Grace Bay was voted the world’s best beach and La Concha in San Sebastian, Spain was named the best beach in Europe. Ireland’s top beach, Inch Beach, came in at number 22 for Europe.
TripAdvisor’s Top 10 beaches in the World
1. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
2. Baia do Sancho, Frenando de Noronha, Brazil
3. Varadero Beach, Varadero, Cuba
4. Eagle Beach, Aruba
5. Saeven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
6. La Concha, San Sebastian, Spain
7. Clearwater beach, Florida, US
8. Seven Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica
9. Bavaro Beach, Bavaro, Dominican Republic
10. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
For more information about TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice awards and to view the full list of winners for 2018, visit www.tripadvisor.ie.