Beef Negimaki with Chilli Dip Recipe by Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio
Surprise friends and family with your impressive hosting skills this Christmas season with this mouth-watering Beef Negimaki with Chilli Dip created by Catherine Fulvio and Siúcra.
This dish is the perfect canapé to accompany every festive entertaining scenario and will leave your guests wanting more.
– 300g striploin beef, thinly sliced
– 3 spring onions, finely sliced lengthways
– 1½ yellow peppers, thinly sliced
For the Dip
– 1 red chilli, finely chopped
– ½ yellow pepper, finely chopped
– 2 shallots, finely chopped
– 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
– A fine grating of fresh ginger
– 2 limes, juice only
– 3 tbsp. Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 4 mint leaves, shredded
– 100ml water
For the marinade
– 4 tbsp. Siúcra Rich Brown Sugar
– 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
– 3 tbsp soy sauce
– 2cm ginger, grated
– 1 tbsp. mirin or sherry
– 4 tbsp water
Mint sprigs, to garnish.
To Prepare the Dipping Sauce
1. Heat a saucepan with a little oil. Add the chilli, yellow pepper and shallots and sauté lightly without browning.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
3. Remove from the heat and add the lime juice. Stir in the sugar and mint leaves.
4. Stir until the Siúcra sugar has melted, then set aside.
To Prepare the Marinade
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
To Prepare the Rolls
1. Lay the beef between plastic wrap on a flat surface and flat out until thin. Place the yellow pepper and spring onion lengthways on the beef.
2. Roll up and tie with string at intervals. Carefully place in a shallow tray and pour over the marinade. Leave for about 30 minutes.
3. Drain and heat a large frying pan.
4. Fry for about 2 minutes on each side. Keep warm and allow them to rest for 3 minutes.
5. Slice into 4cm disks, cut off the string and secure with a cocktail stick. Arrange upright on a platter and serve with the dipping sauce. Garnish with mint sprigs. Serve warm.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.