This lettuce wraps recipe takes next to no time to prepare and are so moreish you will be fighting for the last scoop!
– 500g lean beef mince
– 1/2 white onion (65g)
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1/2 red chili, finely sliced
– 1/4 tsp ground ginger
– 1/4 cup coconut aminos
– 2 tbsp honey (sub orange juice for Whole30)
– 2 tsp sesame oil
– 1 tbsp apple cider or white wine vinegar
– 2 tsp dried coriander leaf
– Coarse salt and black pepper
– Fresh coriander and 2 tbsp of sesame seeds to garnish
– 1 head cos lettuce, separated into leaves.
1. In a large pan or wok heat the sesame oil.
2. Add the onion, garlic, chili and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion starts to become translucent.
3. Next, add the beef along with a pinch of coarse salt, some black pepper, and the ground coriander.
4. Allow cook for 8-10 minutes until the beef is nicely browned and cooked through.
5. Finally add the coconut aminos, honey, and your chosen vinegar. Mix thoroughly until combined, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove the beef from the heat, add to a bowl and garnish with the coriander & sesame seeds.
7. Serve and enjoy with the lettuce leaves!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!