Beef Lettuce Wraps Recipe from the Wonky Spatula
This lettuce wraps recipe takes next to no time to prepare and are so moreish you will be fighting for the last scoop!
– 500g lean beef mince
– 1/2 white onion (65g)
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1/2 red chili, finely sliced
– 1/4 tsp ground ginger
– 1/4 cup coconut aminos
– 2 tbsp honey (sub orange juice for Whole30)
– 2 tsp sesame oil
– 1 tbsp apple cider or white wine vinegar
– 2 tsp dried coriander leaf
– Coarse salt and black pepper
– Fresh coriander and 2 tbsp of sesame seeds to garnish
– 1 head cos lettuce, separated into leaves.
1. In a large pan or wok heat the sesame oil.
2. Add the onion, garlic, chili and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion starts to become translucent.
3. Next, add the beef along with a pinch of coarse salt, some black pepper, and the ground coriander.
4. Allow cook for 8-10 minutes until the beef is nicely browned and cooked through.
5. Finally add the coconut aminos, honey, and your chosen vinegar. Mix thoroughly until combined, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove the beef from the heat, add to a bowl and garnish with the coriander & sesame seeds.
7. Serve and enjoy with the lettuce leaves!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!