Beef Fillet with Garlic and Rosemary Recipe from Electrolux
An Electrolux SousVide is the secret to perfectly cooked meat, and this Beef Fillet with Garlic and Rosemary Recipe is the perfect way to show off the natural flavours of that juicy steak.
Beef benefits from a lot of different flavours and can be experimented with to create a number of versatile dishes. Ingredients like garlic, caramelized onions, red wine, thyme, rosemary are quite classical ways to pair and add flavour to your beef steak. However, soy sauce, ginger, basil, cayenne, dry mustard powder, curry powder and sage are amazing spices to try out when cooking a delicious beef steak to get a different type of taste than what you are used to. There are several tricks of knowing when your steak is at the right temperature without cutting it, but the most reliable one is to use a probe.
– Salt your steak 45-60 minutes before grilling. This will give it time to dissolve the salt and return the juices to the meat making it tender and juicy with a lovely crust.
– Thicker steaks need lower heat when cooked. Otherwise you risk a burnt surface and an uncooked inside.
– Don’t try and turn your steak if it sticks to the grill or pan when cooking – this means it’s not ready to be turned.
– Never use tools like forks or other pointy objects to cook steak. It will pierce the surface making the juices bleed out.
– Let your steak rest for at least half of the cooking time after it’s finished. The juices will retract in to the meat this way.
– 700-800g of beef sirloin/fillet, each piece should be 3cm thick
– 1 clove of garlic, peeled and sliced
– 1 sprig of rosemary
– 2 leaves of sage
– Extra virgin olive oil
– 1 pinch of salt & pepper
– Electrolux SousVide
1. Put the meat, garlic, rosemary, sage, pepper and oil in a vacuum bag, vacuum seal and cook for 2 hours at 60-65ºC with 800ml of water.
2. After cooking, remove the meat from the bag and dry it with a paper towel.
3. Grill or sear the meat in a hot pan for a few seconds to brown it.
4. Cut into slices, put in a dish and add salt and oil.
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2013 Electrolux had sales of EUR12.6 billion and 61,000 employees. For more information visit www.group.electrolux.com.