This version of a traditional Greek Salad is delicious, easy to put together and a great accompaniment for the barbecued pork chops.
Time: 30 minutes
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablesp. rapeseed or olive oil
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon,
- ½ teasp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ teasp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 10 Kalamata black olives, pitted and sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 6 tablesp. olive oil
- ½ teasp. honey
- 1 teasp. dried oregano
- 2 tablesp. red wine vinegar
- 100g feta, crumbled or cubed
To serve: Crusty bread or potatoes
- To prepare the chops: Combine the olive oil, lemon zest, juice, rosemary, thyme and garlic. Pour over the pork chops and leave to marinade for 10 minutes or longer if you have time.
- To prepare the salad: Place the tomatoes, cucumber, olives and red onion in a large bowl. Whisk together the olive oil, honey oregano and red wine vinegar and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour half of the dressing over the salad. Scatter the feta cheese on top and drizzle over the rest of the dressing.
- To cook the chops: Heat a griddle pan or barbecue. Season the chops with salt. When very hot cook the chops for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- To serve: Serve the chops with the Greek Salad and some crusty bread or potatoes.
Nutrition per serving
- Calories: 698 kcal
- Protein: 44g
- Fat: 42g (saturates 12.9g)
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Carbs: 38g