Aldi has a whole range of BBQ favourites and recipes that the whole family can get involved in! Stock up now in time for the next few weekends of sunshine!
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 21 minutes
2 x 5% Fat Irish Lean Beef Burgers
1 x Cucumber
4 x Tomatoes
Juice of a Fresh Lime
4 tbsp Olive Oil
1 x Green Chilli – mixed chillies
1 x Red Chilli – mixed chillies
1 x Small Clove Garlic, crushed
80g Blue Stilton
4 x Burger Buns – Bungees Buns
Salt and Black Pepper
- BBQ the burgers on a medium heat for around 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes (ensure the burgers are cooked through and that the juices run clear).
- Whilst the burgers are cooking prepare the salad.
- Halve the cucumber and, using a peeler, slice one half into thin ribbons.
- Place these into a large sieve, sprinkle with a little salt and sit over a bowl to remove some of the water.
- Chop the other half along with the tomatoes and beetroot.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- To prepare the dressing, mix together the lime juice, oil and crushed garlic.
- Finely chop the green chilli, add to the dressing and season to taste.
- Pour dressing over the salad and lightly toss.
- When the burgers are cooked, top each with some crumbled blue stilton and some slices of red chilli.
- Grill until just melted.
- Toast the burger buns
- Add a few cucumber ribbons to each roll base, add a burger and top with a lid.
- Serve immediately with the salad on the side.