Banana, Egg and Oat Pancakes Recipe by The Honest Project
This banana, egg and oat pancakes recipe solves the age old dilemma of whether to have porridge or eggs for breakfast; with these you get to have both. They are really satisfying, easy to make and take no time at all to cook. Top with your favourite toppings; think strawberries, raspberries, cherries, pomegranate, yoghurt and toasted almonds. For anyone with a sweet tooth, drizzle a little maple syrup or honey on top.
Makes 10 pancakes
– 2 ripe bananas
– 4 eggs
– 1 cup oats
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– Pinch of sea salt
– Berries, pomegranate seeds, coconut cream and toasted almonds
1. Mash the banana well in a bowl. Add the eggs and mix well.
2. Make the oat flour by adding the oats to a blender and blitzing into a flour.
3. Add the oat flour to the banana and egg mixture along with the cinnamon and sea salt and mix well.
4. Heat a pan over a medium heat and add a teaspoon of coconut oil. Once melted add a ¼ cup of the pancake mixture and allow to cook for one to two minutes.
5. Flip over and cook for a further minute. You might have to add a little more coconut oil to the pan half way through cooking these if the pan gets too dry.
6. Serve immediately, topped with coconut cream, fresh berries, pomegranate and if you have a sweet tooth, a little maple syrup or honey.
Frances Walsh is the creator and writer behind healthy lifestyle blog, The Honest Project. The Honest Project focuses on plant based eating and cooking, using vegetables, fruits and wholefoods. Frances’ interest is in preparing and eating foods that are made from scratch but are practical and easy to make for even the most inexperienced cook.
For more information visit thehonestproject.com.